Random observations from my first real week in America:
- The latest technology is designed to make me covetous of what I don’t have.
- I’m feeling lonelier than I expected.
- I think I’m inventing excuses to run to the store that have little to do with consumer needs. My hunch is … I just want to be around people.
- Church seems big and lacking the intimacy of a handful of believers circled-up in Sarajevo.
- My legs feel all rubbery when it comes to actually walking out the Kingdom here in the U.S. I’m big on words, and clueless about where to begin.
- I want to retreat into whatever comfort I can find.
“As for me, I am poor and needy, (the Message says ‘I am a mess’), but the Lord is thinking of me right now.” Psalm 40:17 Hallelujah!